Professional technical documentation to add value and enhance your product
You are here: What is Technical Authoring?
What is Technical Authoring?
In a nut shell, technical authoring provides professional, useable and navigable end-user documentation.
Why is it needed?
Technical authoring is needed to document information about:
- A new product or series of products and how they are used, interconnect and maintained
- A new process or series of processes and how they are used, interconnect and maintained
- A system or series of systems and how they are used, interconnect and maintained
- An existing product, process or system where documentation was non-existent or deemed unusable
- Software and how to competently use and troubleshoot it.
What value to end users?
Technical authoring delivers significant value by:
- Providing efficient operation or use
- Increasing productivity
- Reducing downtime and streamlining maintenance and troubleshooting
- Reducing risk, and supports digital transformation
- Ultimately enhancing the end-user's experience.
What methods used to organise, present and deliver end-user documentation?
Methods used to organise, present and deliver end-user documentation varies depending on individual requirements. AST are happy to discuss your requirements and advise the best way forward.